Home Care Tips for Monsoon
Monsoon is here and the rain has been pouring for quite some time now.
During this season, we ensure to carry an umbrella with us to avoid getting drenched in the rain and to keep sickness at bay, the same way a home maintenance schedule is essential for every home’s upkeep.
Here are some tips on home care for this season:
- Paint or treat walls and external surfaces with waterproofing coat
Painting or treating walls and external surfaces with waterproofing coat is one of the most important aspect and required to ensure that there is no seepage. Seepage not only spoils the look of your walls but the water can also cause cracks, wood rot, mold growth and even a fire hazard (if it comes in contact with electricals).
Not to forget the harmful effects that spores released from the mold and mildew have on one’s health.
- Installations that are a must
- Install shades and awnings over windows and balconies to prevent water from coming in and if there is a basement in the house, install ventilators to remove dampness and moisture
- To keep the ventilation flowing, install mosquito nets so that windows and doors can be left open while also keeping the insects from entering
- Fill in any of those gaps and cracks in the doors and windows, especially the ones to the balcony and terrace. If rains bring water from doors and window, it means there are gaps between window frames that can be filled with caulking or putty.
- Prevent damage caused due to rain/ moisture with these tips –
- Paint metal grills and windows to avoid rusting
- Move the wooden and metal furniture indoors to prevent them from getting spoilt
- Wooden doors and shutters can swell due to moisture, so to get them varnished, sandpapered or painted before the arrival of monsoons
- Don’t take up any wood-work or renovation tasks as more things are prone to go wrong during this season with all the dampness and moisture around
- Roll away the carpets to prevent moisture and filth from settling on it, you can use plastic or bamboo flooring instead
- Check all external electrical wires and cover all exposed wires to avoid shocks and accidents from taking place
- Keep naphthalene balls in wooden wardrobes and drawers as it helps in absorbing extra moisture
- Clear up clogged pipes to protect against flooding
- Scrape and clear all the dried-up growth of algae and moss from pathways as they can get slippery. Washing the pathway with concentrated chlorine solution followed by clean water, will allow it to dry properly and also reduce new growth in monsoons
- Get rid of the weird smell
Most of us have experienced that monsoon also brings a weird smell that lingers all through the house. You can get rid of the smell by cleaning on a regular basis and using an incense stick or an incense burner with therapeutic oils, or even an automatic room freshener.
Monsoons might bring a lot of challenges for home owners but with these measures, you can focus on the better side and enjoy this season!
Most Valuable Features of a New Home Looking to buy a new home? Here are some aspects to help you in reducing the decision making time, based on the most valuable features that home-buyers and families look for today. In addition to external factors like accessibility, security, the neighbourhood and its culture. As people consider […]
Accessories Can Redefine Your Home Creating an elegant yet cosy atmosphere while designing your home goes beyond just choosing the right colours for your walls and placing the furniture ergonomically.Let’s start with the idea ‘less is more’. Too much variation of furniture is one of the biggest no-no while trying to achieve a sophisticated look.Here […]
Factors That Can Ruin Your CIBIL Score What is a CIBIL score?CIBIL score is a number that depicts a consumer’s creditworthiness, it is represented in a numerical value between 300-900. The higher the credit score, the more attractive the borrower is to the lender. Lenders like banks prefer to sanction a loan/ give a credit […]
Home Care Tips for Monsoon Monsoon is here and the rain has been pouring for quite some time now. During this season, we ensure to carry an umbrella with us to avoid getting drenched in the rain and to keep sickness at bay, the same way a home maintenance schedule is essential for every home’s […]
Leisure Options in Mundhwa Once solely an industrial zone, Keshav Nagar is now a prominent residential housing market for the smart home-buyers. The locality offers its residents a multitude of benefits that include cost, comfort, convenience and connectivity.Here we’ve listed some top places to eat, go shopping and best things to do in and around […]
Tips for First-Time Home Buyers Buying a home can be overwhelming as well as nerve-racking, especially if you are a first-time home buyer. But don’t worry, we’ve got your back!When you’re planning to buy a house, listed below are the most crucial aspects to be considered and common mistakes to avoid. Evaluate Your NeedsBefore you […]
Owning Vs. Renting a Property There is an emotional side to home ownership and it sure does feel great to boast about your own home. Here we’ve listed some points to help you understand how owning a home is a much better option than renting one. Security & Pride of Home Ownership Pride of home […]
Affordable Ideas to Redecorate Your Home Redecorating your home can be a tedious task and can come as a big expense. Though if you tackle it with the right attitude and a defined approach, you can effortlessly redecorate your home without taking a hit on your bank account. Here are some economic ideas to get […]
Keshav Nagar, Pune- The best place to Reside, Invest & Retire Pune is one of the fastest growing smart cities and it tops the list of most liveable cities in India. An Oxford of East, Pune has attracted several foreign students every year, owing to the quality of education that it offers. It has also […]
Social Environment And It’s Effect On Child’s Development Social environmental factors that influence a child’s development are derived from their cognitive and educational attainment, risk-taking behavior, emotional, psychological well-being, motivation and physical health in addition to parenting and family impact.What are social environments?A social environment refers to an individual’s physical surroundings, community resources and social […]
Why choosing a branded developer is an intelligent choice It’s every person’s dream to own a home and people invest lifetime savings in buying a house that they have always dreamed of. Akin to the way brands are preferred while buying utilities, developers who have established as a brand, are emerging as the backbone of […]
Kunaal Kyhaan Seolekar talks about his thoughts and reflection on designing during lockdown Credits: Archiproducts Another episode in our series about the thoughts and reflections of designers during the lockdown. This time it’s Kunaal Kyhaan, the Indian-born designer and trained in New York, with past experience as a Bollywood actor and the soul of a […]
We’re proud to announce that Kunaal Kyhaan Seolekar who has designed the show flats for Florida Watercolor and Florida Riverwalk won ‘Designer of the Year 2019’ title awarded by Elle Décor at the 18th edition of EDIDA India hosted on 6th Nov 2019. “I won the EDIDA 2017 ‘Young Talent Award’ before, that was an […]
In the present- day scenario of cut-throat competition and saturation of employment, it is not possible to rely on a single source of income. It is imperative to make smart investments; that not only cater to your present day needs but also secure your future. However, you need to be extra-thoughtful while making investments, particularly, […]
Of all the phases that we encounter in our lifetime, parenthood is one of the most responsible and crucial phases. Parents are understandably concerned about the upbringing, education and overall holistic development of their children. In such a scenario, there are a lot of people who have been relocating their residences in pursuit of getting […]