Social Environment And It's Effect On Child’s Development
Social environmental factors that influence a child’s development are derived from their cognitive and educational attainment, risk-taking behavior, emotional, psychological well-being, motivation and physical health in addition to parenting and family impact.
What are social environments?
A social environment refers to an individual’s physical surroundings, community resources and social relationships.
1) Physical environment : The physical surroundings of a social environment include – housing society, education, health care and recreation facilities. Nature of these have a direct impact on the quality of parenting and can affect the growth, development and wellbeing of children.
2) Community Resources : The availability of community resources refers to community structures and organizations, knowledge and support within the community. The extent to which resources are available in the community influences the health of individuals living within it.
3) Social Relationships : Social relationships are the interactions between various individuals or groups. In every society, individuals develop relationships with other individuals to enable them to achieve their goals.
Every parent is concerned about the upbringing of their children as this directly affects the future beings they would grow up to be with a certain set of principles and values.
Some factors that are most significant for a children’s development are listed below-
- The Right School/ Institute
The right school for a child can make all the difference in his or her successful academic career. The major aspects that are considered while choosing a school/ institute for children are –
- Quality of education – Foundation for building a balanced set of capabilities in children required to become economically productive, develop sustainable livelihoods, contribute to peaceful and democratic societies and enhance individual well-being
- Distance of commute – This is one of the top decision making factors. Havingour projects located in Keshav Nagar, Mundhwa withclose proximity to excellent educational institutions like Amanora School, Magarpatta City Public School, The Orbis School, EONGyanankur School, among others also helps parents in taking informed choices while choosing their homes with us
- Reputation of the school/ institute – The reputation of a school is directly linked to the quality of education which will be provided, theelements of learning approach –whether they are based on just book knowledge or practical approaches are involved as well.And most importantly, the educators (teachers) play an important role as their capabilities of providing a clear understanding on subjects backed with relevant examples help kids in consuming the information more efficiently, if done in the right manner
- Balance between studies and extra curriculum activities – In this day and age, kids are getting quite unsociable hence, it is very important to maintain a balance between studies and extra curriculum activities. Today, an increasing number of educational institutes, especially the ones with international focus, are challenging the realm of conventional education system and encouraging alternative activities such as sports, cookery, music, dance, martial arts, art & craft, yoga etc in their curriculum. And you must perceive this paradigm shift as a way to foster your child’s holistic development.
- Influence of Housing Society : Families want to live in homes and neighborhoods that will get their children off to the best possible start. As home environments can affect three primary areas of their well-being :
- Physical health
- Social and emotional functioning
- Cognitive development
A broad range of features and aspects of housing potentially affect children’s wellbeing—both directly or indirectly and in ways that are positive or negative. These factors include:
- The cost of available housing
- The physical quality of the home
- Homeownership and the tenure and mobility of families in their homes
- Neighborhood characteristics (the immediate environment surrounding children’s homes).
Primary focus while choosing your home is in a safe and secure locality with like-minded people around you that influence you to become better individuals and help each other grow. During early years, children tend to mimic what they observe around them, hence it is very important to nurture your child within a community that focuses towards healthy practices and positivity,or it can be a disaster.
- Health Care & Recreational Facilities
Availability of health care and recreational facilities are very important and at Oxford, we understand the importance of these aspects. Keshav Nagar, Mundhwa–the area our projects are located isa short drive away from some of the best hospitals in the city namely Columbia Asia Hospital, Sahyadri Hospital, and Ruby Hall Clinic. There is also a wide variety of entertainment destinations around – residents may enjoy a day of eating, shopping or watching movies at Amanora Town Centre, Inorbit Mall, Seasons Mall, or Phoenix Market City
- Impact of Community Resources
Community resources are defined by people, places, community services, agencies and businesses that can be used to improve the quality of community life. Some of these are –
- Place-based education – An educational philosophy that promotes learning that is rooted in what is local such as the unique history, environment, culture, economy, literature, and art of a particular place
- Constructive play – Play that involves the manipulation of objects to determine what they can do and how they can be used. This helps in development of problem solving and reasoning skills
- Exploratory play – Play that involves curiosity and inquiry as children learn about the characteristics of materials, objects, and ideas through the five senses. Can be understood as the essence of scientific inquiry
- Outdoor classroom – An educational setting that is developed outside and provides opportunities for learning in a natural environment. Eg: Study of Botany
- Peer group – Group of people of approximately the same age, status, and interests
- Faith-based organizations – Religious organizations and other charitable organizations affiliated or identified with one or more religious organizations.
Most Valuable Features of a New Home Looking to buy a new home? Here are some aspects to help you in reducing the decision making time, based on the most valuable features that home-buyers and families look for today. In addition to external factors like accessibility, security, the neighbourhood and its culture. As people consider […]
Accessories Can Redefine Your Home Creating an elegant yet cosy atmosphere while designing your home goes beyond just choosing the right colours for your walls and placing the furniture ergonomically.Let’s start with the idea ‘less is more’. Too much variation of furniture is one of the biggest no-no while trying to achieve a sophisticated look.Here […]
Factors That Can Ruin Your CIBIL Score What is a CIBIL score?CIBIL score is a number that depicts a consumer’s creditworthiness, it is represented in a numerical value between 300-900. The higher the credit score, the more attractive the borrower is to the lender. Lenders like banks prefer to sanction a loan/ give a credit […]
Home Care Tips for Monsoon Monsoon is here and the rain has been pouring for quite some time now. During this season, we ensure to carry an umbrella with us to avoid getting drenched in the rain and to keep sickness at bay, the same way a home maintenance schedule is essential for every home’s […]
Leisure Options in Mundhwa Once solely an industrial zone, Keshav Nagar is now a prominent residential housing market for the smart home-buyers. The locality offers its residents a multitude of benefits that include cost, comfort, convenience and connectivity.Here we’ve listed some top places to eat, go shopping and best things to do in and around […]
Tips for First-Time Home Buyers Buying a home can be overwhelming as well as nerve-racking, especially if you are a first-time home buyer. But don’t worry, we’ve got your back!When you’re planning to buy a house, listed below are the most crucial aspects to be considered and common mistakes to avoid. Evaluate Your NeedsBefore you […]
Owning Vs. Renting a Property There is an emotional side to home ownership and it sure does feel great to boast about your own home. Here we’ve listed some points to help you understand how owning a home is a much better option than renting one. Security & Pride of Home Ownership Pride of home […]
Affordable Ideas to Redecorate Your Home Redecorating your home can be a tedious task and can come as a big expense. Though if you tackle it with the right attitude and a defined approach, you can effortlessly redecorate your home without taking a hit on your bank account. Here are some economic ideas to get […]
Keshav Nagar, Pune- The best place to Reside, Invest & Retire Pune is one of the fastest growing smart cities and it tops the list of most liveable cities in India. An Oxford of East, Pune has attracted several foreign students every year, owing to the quality of education that it offers. It has also […]
Social Environment And It’s Effect On Child’s Development Social environmental factors that influence a child’s development are derived from their cognitive and educational attainment, risk-taking behavior, emotional, psychological well-being, motivation and physical health in addition to parenting and family impact.What are social environments?A social environment refers to an individual’s physical surroundings, community resources and social […]
Why choosing a branded developer is an intelligent choice It’s every person’s dream to own a home and people invest lifetime savings in buying a house that they have always dreamed of. Akin to the way brands are preferred while buying utilities, developers who have established as a brand, are emerging as the backbone of […]
Kunaal Kyhaan Seolekar talks about his thoughts and reflection on designing during lockdown Credits: Archiproducts Another episode in our series about the thoughts and reflections of designers during the lockdown. This time it’s Kunaal Kyhaan, the Indian-born designer and trained in New York, with past experience as a Bollywood actor and the soul of a […]
We’re proud to announce that Kunaal Kyhaan Seolekar who has designed the show flats for Florida Watercolor and Florida Riverwalk won ‘Designer of the Year 2019’ title awarded by Elle Décor at the 18th edition of EDIDA India hosted on 6th Nov 2019. “I won the EDIDA 2017 ‘Young Talent Award’ before, that was an […]
In the present- day scenario of cut-throat competition and saturation of employment, it is not possible to rely on a single source of income. It is imperative to make smart investments; that not only cater to your present day needs but also secure your future. However, you need to be extra-thoughtful while making investments, particularly, […]
Of all the phases that we encounter in our lifetime, parenthood is one of the most responsible and crucial phases. Parents are understandably concerned about the upbringing, education and overall holistic development of their children. In such a scenario, there are a lot of people who have been relocating their residences in pursuit of getting […]